Sunday, February 13, 2011

portraits: the waiting month

February and I have some issues. I don't believe it is innately a bad month...really it is a victim of it's placement among the other months, its particular gray-icy tedium that makes it the most challenging time of the year for me. February, it's not you...it's me. For me, you are the waiting month, when all I want to do is get on with it already...

We've been finding new ways to pass the time;

Photobucket

bathtub fingerpainting, birthday cake baking when it is no one's birthday,

Photobucket

peeling all the felt 'fur' off of a toy horse only to find a perfect hole in his forehead...just waiting for a toothpick to transform him into a lovely (and slightly dangerous) unicorn. Actually, there's only one of us doing that...

Photobucket

After gray days I feel like I have to follow the sunlight around, celebrate each little sliver.

Photobucket

When it's too cold to be outside, we wish for warmer days.

Photobucket

Aven will not stay off of the table. That's all there is to it.

Photobucket

Some days I dress them alike and pull them around by one leg...uh huh...

Photobucket

Some days I lose all originality and let them watch a cartoon in bed.

Photobucket

Then there are days when spring is so very close...

Photobucket

So to recap...we're waiting...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and perhaps getting a little impatient...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...