Monday, January 24, 2011

untitled

Photobucket

I had a lot of positive things in mind while I was uploading these pictures last night...but 24 hours later, I've had a bit of a day, and I'm finding it a little hard to rally. My wonderful old dog who I've known almost ten years got some bad news at the vet today...nothing is definite, but it's made me really look at the fact that this friend won't be around forever. So it has been a rough day... from the moment in the produce section of the grocery store this morning when the vet called...to when I lay on the floor of my kitchen after dinner and seriously considered just letting the girls run wild until they dropped over from exhaustion...(the process of getting them ready and into bed just seemed like more than I could handle). Sigh...It's been a day.

The poor boy is home again with a ridiculous cone around his neck and a complex medication schedule. But he's here - and really all we have is today, right now, anyway. And right now, he's curled up on his freshly washed bed listening to the sounds of his family. So here we are.

Photobucket

I think we may be wearing out our library card...January is the time for every-other-day trips to the library...we have been reading...and reading...

Photobucket

and reading...

Photobucket

and ummmmmmm yes, reading!

Also a little cooking; Amelia likes to help...

Photobucket

I made these really really good Aussie Bites from Sarah's recipe at Bee House Hives - try them they are healthy and yum - and quite portable to boot.

Photobucket

Cabin fever kicked into high gear when I started to attack the walls of my kitchen. Mike is really good at stripping wallpaper. Great even. It's one of his little-known talents...
The crazy thing is, I had a color in mind to paint the walls...and it turns out it is not far off from the original color of the walls (beneath 5+ layers of wallpaper and paint).

Photobucket
hmmmmmmm...progress?

Photobucket

The girls are in a constant cycle of fighting, crying, making up, playing like the best of friends, fighting...and repeat...1,000 times a day...

Photobucket

This is their pirate ship...they are on the high seas...the wooden spoons are (clearly) oars.

Happy One-More-Week-Of-January to all of you out there!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your beloved four legged friend's bad news. Here's hoping tomorrow brings a ray of sunshine.

kyndale said...

So much beauty in your life. I'm sorry to hear about your dog friend. That's never easy. I would be heartbroken. Happy almost February to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...