Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Smiles, Last Flowers

When my first daughter was born a little over two years ago, I felt like I knew her on sight. I felt like I already knew every inch of her the second she was laid on my stomach...knew her smell, her pointy elbows, I knew her. The second time around I expected it to feel the same...which it definitely did not! My first thought upon seeing Aven was now, who are you?...maybe because now I know how much there is to know, and how wonderful it is to watch your child become who they are. After five weeks, I feel like I'm getting the first glimpses. Aven is quick to smile, she loves the view of the world when her head is on my shoulder, and she is... just a peaceful soul.

Aven being zen-like amid the carrots and beets I still need to pull...anyone want some beets?



Why I need to start shopping for a double stroller...pulling two kids, a carseat, and multiple pumkins in a little red wagon does not count as the kind of 'getting-out-of-the-house-time' that I need to survive the winter!

Speaking of winter, what the hell is this? October 7th? Really!?


And, no, we are not crazed Armageddon-is-coming survivalists types (no offense to you if you are!), just a couple overzealous home-farmers. Holy hell! Ha, I just noticed a wine glass in there with the sippy cups!

The last of the sweet peas...oh how I love them!

1 comment:

Packers and Movers Mumbai said...


Hire Best Packers And Movers Mumbai for hassle-free Household Shifting, ***Office Relocation, ###Car Transporation, Loading Unloading, packing Unpacking at affordable Price Quotation. Top Rated, Safe and Secure Service Providers who can help you with 24x7 and make sure a Untroubled Relocation Services at Cheapest/Lowest Rate @ Packers And Movers Mumbai

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...