Sunday, March 20, 2011

think green

Photobucket

Last Thursday we decided to take the girls to one of the biggest St. Patrick's Day Celebrations in the country (or so I hear...) in lovely Butte, MT.

Photobucket

We lined up for the parade on the hillside in the old part of town and let the sun warm us while we waited.

Photobucket

Mike isn't Irish but he can fake it...the girls and I are purebread mutts, and there's some Irish in there somewhere. Either way, we rarely miss an excuse for a parade....and green beer before noon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The First Dog of Montana even made an appearance.

Photobucket
Apparently the scottish have no qualms about faking Irish on St. Patrick's Day, either, and I am so glad. There's nothing like a band of men in kilts, I tell ya.

Photobucket
My little Irish-fairy-rockstar nearly made in into the Butte paper, but she got shy at the last minute. I'm sure she'll have other chances...

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Your little girl is so lovely! We always take in the annual Irish An Ri Ra celebration in Butte in August. I love the Irish celebrations in Butte. Looks like you had fun! :)

kyndale said...

What a pretty old town :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...