Thursday, May 27, 2010

last post from the 'root

Photobucket
Thunderstorms have ricocheted back and forth across the valley all day today. When I dropped Amelia at her preschool this morning, my windshield wipers were going full speed and the bird was putting her green frog boots to work in every puddle between the parking lot and school door. Seems like I was just posting pictures of her first day of school, and today was her last since we’ll be leaving for our new home in the morning. By 10:30 the sun was burning through the clouds so I hustled Aven into the stroller and ran my 40 minute run in 30 minutes because I had a loaf of bread in the oven that really didn’t need more than 30 minutes, and I had to grab a quick shower before I picked up the bird- so as not to offend any other mamas with my post-run-less-than-fabulous-self when saying our goodbyes. I felt pretty together- endorphins flowing from the run, pulling this beautiful loaf of bread out of the oven just in time,

Photobucket
(I didn't bake it in the toaster...just used the rack to cool)

showering off the sweat and getting dressed to find this freshly-awoken little thing just chilling in the stroller in the backyard-
Photobucket
definitely one of those 'I-can-rock-this-motherhood-thing' moments.

Photobucket

We had Amelia’s birthday this weekend- a few weeks early, but it was a good excuse to get everyone together before we leave. She has been talking for months about her birthday party and how she would have a chocolate cake, with white frosting, “andthenblowoutthecandles!”

Photobucket

Which is just about how it happened!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Aven is getting stronger and more agile every day. She climbs up on this chair all by her crazy self!
Photobucket
The other day we were running errands downtown and Ameila decided she needed to pick every single dandelion for the entire length of an alley. I tried to hurry her along at first, but eventually just gave in and ended up picking flowers with her. On the way home she handed flowers out to everyone who stopped to talk to her, which was just about everyone whe passed on the street. One lady even recited a poem she'd written about dandelions!
Photobucket
I can't believe she will soon be three...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...